Tuesday, May 05, 2009

a lesson learnt

4th may 09, monday


went back to school to do my sewing. went to look for ruby first and gave her my pattern making file for marking. all of a sudden, she came talking to me, asking me what happen to me. well, i was a little confused on what's she trying to say. or rather, what's she hinting me.

so i asked her, what does she means. she looked into my eyes and said, "rodney, i know you are a capable boy. i know you can do very well, and you knew it yourself too. so what happen?" i stunned for a moment and just gave her a blur look and go, "huh?"

once again, she repeated herself, this time, its like a slap in my face, a wake up call. i knew what she meant and i explained that i admit i was much lazier compared to semester 1. she told me other lecturers feedback-ed about me as well, which i was quite disappointed in myself. what the hell am i doing on this while?

"though there are many delays from you, but you showed that you are still able to manage. by right, you should have already finished your work by now. if you would have managed it well, your quality of work will be even better by now." that's what she told me. she advised me not to waste my time and not to do such things in second year.

it sets me thinking and reflecting about myself. not for anybody else but for myself, i shall strive even harder next time..

here's a inspiring video of George Sampson, a street dancer. he's the winner of Britain's Got Talent 2007 and how it changes his life. enjoy and be inspired. :)







No comments: