Tuesday, November 27, 2007

dance nearly killed me today!

26th nov 07, monday


dance training today was exhausting! i could nearly just collapse and die. this is when reality strikes me. my passion and interest for dance really tells me i wanna go into dance as an profession or maybe as an career in the future.

the incident today made a reality check for me. training with professional art directors and also professional choreographers of course to expect a higher demand than usual. this is it, a grand finale at the esplanade; the centre of the arts, nothing should go wrong.

i was pushing myself beyond my limits, practice and practice. then, i found myself gasping for more breathe. yes, i'm breathless. my history of asthma is back. the professionals asked if i'm alright, i even said yes. it's pretty obvious i'm not as my face is already turning pale. i couldn't even walked straight and properly. i just laid down there resting, at the same time, gasping for more air.

then i knew, i cant venture into dance which i mean full time dancing. perhaps, it's not my calling. i was feeling better after much resting and i continued to do my routine and rehearsals. today was very fruitful and fun. it's a great pleasure working with so many professionals, which i think it's not something you can get easily.

afterall, i still like dancing. dancing is life. something, i will never give up. (:

No comments: